Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Harvest is coming... Are you ready?


In the year 2020 humanity found out it was, indeed, not alone in the universe. They appeared without warning above the capitals of all major nations. Huge, menacing, and completely unresponsive space ships dominated the skies and sent the media into a complete tailspin. 
 
First contact came within hours of the sightings. The question of what these aliens wanted prompted emergency closed-door meetings at NATO. The name of their planet was Ta’Nar—and it was dying. Originally, the Ta’Narians were a dual-sexed warrior race. Chemical warfare had essentially rendered them sterile.
 
The Ta’Narians required DNA for their harvesting program. Since we couldn’t duplicate their technology, those males who were to participate had to be transported to their world. Here in the United States a lottery system was set up, and each young man between the ages of twenty-three and twenty-eight was assigned a number. 
 
Once a year, for the next five years, numbers would be drawn and a new set of one thousand males would be collected. The media coined the expression ‘The Harvest’ for the time when the Ta’Narians returned to collect these young men. I was seventeen when the aliens first appeared. My parents assumed I was safe since the final collection would be done before I turned twenty-three. I didn’t fall within the established guidelines. I thought I had nothing to fear.
 
I was wrong. 
 
My name is Dale. Are you ready for The Harvest? I hope so, because it’s coming to Storm Moon Press in late October.
~~~~
 
That's right, it's coming, guys. Are you ready? The Harvest:Taken will be released by Storm Moon press late October. And... they contracted the second book too. YAYAYAYAY!!! And... lol, they're interested in the young stories. 
 
 
I've set up a FB page for The Harvest. https://www.facebook.com/#!/theharvest00 Dale and the gang will be there if y'all want to talk to them, check in, or ask questions. If you stop by, give Dale and rest some love since it's a new page. P-pppppppplease?
 
 
Dale will also have his own Twitter too... just as soon as I get it set up, lol. It took forever for me to get their FB page done, lol.
 
 
It's been a long time coming, and now that it's here... *laugh* I'm still in shock, I think. So, there we are! We have about 6 more months then it'll be out. I'll update on edits, covers, and stuff. Can't wait to see a cover!
 
 
Get ready for The Harvest!
~M


19 comments:

  1. Yay!! Can't wait! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya! I couldn't sleep last night after I got the news lol.

      ~M

      Delete
  2. OMG this is the great news I needed today!! After the last 2 weeks of nothing but bad luck you have no idea how bad I needed this moral boost!! You made my day, now just have to wait for October :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, glad the news cheered you up! It's affects me deeply to hear a story of mine can have this kind of impact on people. :)
      ~M

      Delete
  3. SQUEEE!! Giant cyber hugs :) I am so happy for you and excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grin* cyber hugs back!!! It's a relief to finally be able say Harvest is on the way, you know? :)
      ~M

      Delete
  4. YES!!! I've been waiting for this ever since the story was taken down. I've read and reread and reread the stories that are still posted but miss the original. Now I just have to wait until October, Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought about you today when I was updating my Lit bio. I saw the comments on A Ta'Narian Christmas. Thank you for that. :) That was sweet of ya.

      ~M

      Delete
  5. OMGEEE I Cannot Wait, Love The Harvest series...October come quick...Hey I can get a cool b-day present for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Happy early b-day. Keep in mind I'll do a giveaway for the book too!

      ~M

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!!! It's an Awesome book/series. Loved every bit that I read and really really will love it when there's more to read. :) I've re-read bits of all of it.

    So, so happy for you!

    Much love,
    Yael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya! It won't be long now lol! October isn't as far away as it once seemed lol. :)
      ~M

      Delete
  7. Congrats hun! This story, and you, so totally deserve being launched out there for all to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! Congratulations!! Just love the gang and can't wait to read and hope book 2 with the young's adventures is no to far along ....so read you soon and will be checking for any more news on them

    ReplyDelete
  9. And in the mountains of Nadir...there was much rejoycing ...

    I miss Dale and Keyno! Adverse Effects is so cool! Yea...all over the place but I love all your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *BOOM*
    Whoo, sorry, I'm ok. I was so excited I just fell out of my chair. I've been waiting for this blog post since the day the story was taken down. It's one of my absolute all-time favorites and I can't wait to read it again! C'mon October!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yessss! I cannot wait!! Great job! Will it be in a serial format or as novel format

    ReplyDelete