Friday, August 15, 2014

Reversion of rights for The Harvest

Hey everyone.  I wanted to let the fans of The Harvest series know that Storm Moon Press is returning my rights for The Harvest: Taken effective Friday, August 15th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. The book will no longer be for sale, and already has been taken down most places.

So, now what, you ask? Well, I’m not sure. I’m leaning toward self-pubbing it. SMP returned the cover, but I may get a new one made. I am definitely changing some things in book one. Not a lot, but some. The story won’t change. I’ve heard there were several editing mistakes in the book, so I’m going to have those cleaned up too.

This means book two may not be out in October, as originally planned. It still has to be edited and needs a cover. The thing is 90K, so that takes time. On top of that, I’m on a deadline for To Touch the Sky for Dreamspinner, so nothing is getting done until after Sept 17th. Also, the Christmas story may not be out for December.

Sorry, guys. I hate that this has thrown off the release of book two. I know some of you were waiting on pins and needles. It *will* be out, but that’s all I can tell you for now.

I know some of you hard-core fans of the series will ask why. Please, please don’t. I can’t talk about it. Let’s just say SMP and I have agreed to part ways and leave it at that.


~M

11 comments:

  1. This might be a good thing. I read your original posting of The Harvest and loved it so I bought the ebook when it came it and I didn't love the changes that had been made tbh. The original BDSM scene between Ti and Colt was so much better than the one it was replaced with but ive a feeling that you had to change it for publishing reasons. If you're self-publishing do it your way ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly true, lol. It was much too sadist for the editor. :)
      ~M

      Delete
  2. I love Keyno and Dale, so please take your time and get it done the way you want but please hurry cause I miss them. Also I want to see "The Next Generation - Raiden's story" as well cause I'm invested. So do your thing and don't let anybody tell you how to write your story!


    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* If we need to wait, so be it. Keyno, Dale and the rest are worth the wait. Thank you for the update. Whatever you decide, I know you'll do right by "our" guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us readers know. This is a story I've been following since it originally posted online, and I definitely liked your original version better. It made more sense with the characters. Take your time, do it the way you want it to be read and I'll just grit what's left of my teeth and wait some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we have to wait and have you do it the way YOU want....then so be it. I'll wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are getting the rights back to it. Take your time and do what works for you. I'll be here, waiting to read it all :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys. :) Your words of support mean a lot.
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about this but take your time and don't worry. We are die hard fans and we will wait as long as you need!! In the mean time I will just keep rereading this first book! While I have every book you wrote so far, Harvest will always hold a special place in my heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take your time. The book will come out and it will be amazing. I think I already said to you that the original scene made so much more sense. If you have to compromise your vision like that, self publishing might be so bad.


    I enjoy your work very much! Thank you!// Malin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the original way better than the published copy so if you have to self-publish then maybe we'll actually get the real story but it's okay. I still loved the book

    ReplyDelete