Friday, August 5, 2016

Finicky Friday - Watermelon and Feta Salad with Arugula and Spinach



Watermelon and Feta Salad with Arugula and Spinach

Hey everyone, I thought it would be cool to post some recipes I had found online. I’m going to *try* to do some of these beforehand, but I’m sure there’ll be times I won't. I'm going to call this Finicky Friday. :)




Recipe by: BamaHaole
"Sweet, salty, and refreshing salad with a little bite."

20 m
4 servings
191 cals
Prep: 20 m
Ready In: 20 m


Ingredients
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

2 cups arugula 2 cups baby spinach leaves

1 cup thinly sliced red onion

1 cup grape tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

2 cups bite sized watermelon chunks

~roasted sunflower seeds complement this very nicely


Directions
Whisk the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.


Combine the arugula, spinach, onions, and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. 

Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad mixture; toss to coat. Add the feta cheese and watermelon to serve.