Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Destiny: A Prequel to Bound by Destiny





Okay, so Destiny: A Prequel to Bound by Destiny (The Harvest Young) is finished and with the editor. This is going to be a really short book. It may end up around 14Kish, depending on edits. It basically shows Raiden and Dayo from birth to age eighteen, when they mate. 

I hadn't planned to write the early years (so to speak lol) but an abundance of disappointed comments made me rethink that. 

What I'm posting below are cut scenes that won't be in the book. Why? Well, the book is about Raiden and Dayo... and Szin was figuring too prominently lol. 

When I have a better idea when this will be out, I'll post on social media platforms. 

~M



Birth
IT’S TIME, Raiden whispered.
Finally. Szin yawned, waking up. I can barely move.
Yeah. Raiden tried to turn, but nope, not enough room.
Hope Dad is ready.
Hope dabba is ready. Raiden laughed mentally in Szin’s head, fully aware Dad hadn’t told dabba about the surprise that would soon hit him between the eyes.
Raiden, if I don’t make it, will you—
I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise. You’ll be fine. Dad knows what to do later. Raiden grasped Szin’s hand.
He could tell Dad’s back was hurting him. Dad had even taken a bath to dampen the pain. It didn’t help, of course. Szin and Raiden moved together as Dad stepped out of the bath then gasped in pain.
“Jesus, what the hell?”
Think Dad’s figured it out, yet? Szin asked.
Probably. He’s had pains shooting across his back since last night. The pain receded. They waited for the next one to hit.
“Okay, that freaking hurt,” Dale griped.
He’s only nine weeks along.
I know, but it’s time. We’ll be okay, Szin.
I hope you’re right. There’s too much ahead of us, too much to do. Um, what’s he doing now?
Feels like he’s getting dressed and, ah, I think we’re going downstairs.
Minutes passed, then Szin and Raiden bounced as Dad walked. They listening to water filling something, then the refreshing scent of fauna filtered to them.
Seriously? He’s watering the plants? Szin snorted.
He won’t be for long.
“Keyno,” Dale suddenly yelled. “Oh God, Keyno. Keyno!”
From somewhere above them, Szin and Raiden heard the pounding of feet.
“By the gods, Dale!”
Szin startled at a loud thump near them. Holy cow, what was that?
I…. I think he jumped from upstairs.
Good grief.
“Christ. It may look like a jungle in here, but it isn’t. The stairs are there for a reason, you maniac.”
“What’s wrong? Are you okay? I heard you cry out!”
“It’s time,” Dale said.
“Time for what?”
“Time to change the jet packs on the flyer. What the fuck do you think it’s time for? I’m in labor, Keyno.”
Ohhh, bad word.
I’m sure it won’t be the last one, Raiden said.
“No. You can’t be in labor. You still have three weeks yet. Oh gods, Dale, you cannot be in labor! You’re wrong!”
Szin and Raiden tensed as another pain gripped Dad.
Raiden, did Dabba really just tell Dad he was—
Yeah. Yeah, he did.
“Did you say I’m wrong? Trust me when I say you do not want to argue with me about this. Fucking hell, that last one really hurt. I want pain medication, and I mean now, dammit, so go get my overnight bag.”
Did I say good grief yet? Szin asked.

Something tells me it’s going to get worse before it gets better.