Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Darkness Awaits--a very old book getting a new lease on life!

Well, looks like Darkness Awaits is going to be a whole new book, lol. I've deleted a lot of parts and added many more. This was the first book I ever put out, and the publisher went out of business not long after it was released.

For the longest I let the book sit on my comp because I didn't like how it was edited. I was new to this whole writing thing, and I let the editor erase my voice. It no longer sounded like me, and even then, I knew I'd made a mistake. 

And frankly, now that I've read it again, I don't like the vampire character Max. He was too Alpha and came across as an ass. I didn't have enough experience as an author and didn't know how to make him appear menacing but redeemable. Plus, Michael read as weak. 

Yeah, that's not how I write my characters, lol. So, there's been massive rewrites, and I still have a way to go. The ending is still the same, but I imagine I'll tweak that. I'm much happier with what I have so far, and I think you guys will be too.

I'm going to have a new cover made, and have a CA (cover artist) in mind. Contacting her is next on the list. She's done some excellent covers for other authors.

Darkness Awaits is going to start off a bit dark, but you guys know me. There *will* be a HEA, and Max will learn some hard lessons, lol. I have no idea when this'll be done... it needs to be beta read and edited once I'm done with rewrites. I'm hoping to have it out by the end of the year.

~M