Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tuesday Teaser





One last teaser from The Only and Only. This comes near the end of the book, so I've deleted some stuff--don't want to give anything away lol. ;) 



Seth exhaled loudly. “Okay, you asked me a question about my abilities. I can manipulate any shadow around me at any time of the day or night. If there’s a shadow nearby, I can step into it and disappear.”

“Fuck,” Remi whispered. “Dude, not going to lie, that’s a scary ability. I’ve also heard rumors you can teleport via shadows.”

“Yes. I can. I can reappear next door, or in the next town, or on the other side of the planet,” Seth said. “Um, I can see from the shadows too. That’s how I recognize where I’m going.”

“So, are you saying you could go explore the Titanic?” Remi asked.

Dolf spluttered.

“Well, never tried, but yes. As long as I stayed in the shadow world—meaning I didn’t step out of the shadows—I could. Don’t really care to drown, you know.” Seth chucked.“Shadow world?”

“That’s his… realm. His domain. It’s a completely terrifying place.” Brier shuddered. “No color, no scent, no sound. It’s a void of nothingness.”

Dolf’s eyes widened. “You’ve been there?”

“Tyler has traveled my world with me several times when circumstances called for it. I took Brier because he has the right to know exactly who and what I am.” Seth hesitated. “I can manipulate any kind of shadow to do my bidding too.”

“Well, that’s not terrifying at all.” Remi joked then ran his hand through his hair. “Goddess, I’m glad you’re on our side.”

Tyler frowned at Remi. Briar knew what prompted that reaction from Tyler. He also noticed Tyler didn’t mention he spoke to Bast. It was his secret to share, so Brier kept his mouth shut. Tyler probably thought Dolf and Remi would ridicule him.

Brier understood. He found it hard to believe himself at first, until a certain goddess made herself known to him. Speaking of the goddess, should they tell Dolf why Seth and Tyler were here? Bast had made such a big to-do about threats, changes, bad things happening and so on.

Then there was the whole ‘one and only’ thing, and whatever that meant, which kept cropping up. Shouldn’t Dolf know that? This was information he’d surely want, right? Or would he think Tyler wasn’t all there in the head? He really needed to speak to Tyler in private, which he couldn’t do here. Too many werecats with keen hearing around.

Dammit.

“Thank you, Seth, for being so honest with me,” Dolf said. “I appreciate it. If I could make a suggestion, Brier? It might best for the three of you to mate and do it as quickly as possible.”

Brier’s grin was as bright as the sun. “That’s going to be taken care of tonight.” He winked at Tyler, who was slowly turning red. “Or possibly as soon as we get home. It’s been a long few days.”

Seth snickered.

“Good. After that—”

Raised voiced interrupted Dolf.

“He’s in a meeting. No, you will not! You have no right to barge into my house and ignore what I tell you.”

The sound of a struggled seeped through the closed door of the office. Dolf surged up, and his chair flew back, nearly hitting Remi, who yelped.

“What the hell?” Remi shoved the chair out of the way. “Dolf?”

Dolf growled, and the loud noise reverberated through the room. As Brier watched, Dolf’s eyes turn blue.

“Um…?” Tyler eyed Dolf nervously.

“Shit, Kirk, move. You don’t have the strength to stop…. Oh, hell no! You did not just shove my mate! Fuck, Kirk? Are you alright? Dolf!”

Dolf roared and leaped across the table.