Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Tuesday Teaser

 



Fuck, it stunk of hunter in there. Now to deal with the humans who’d been kidnapped. Opening the door again, he got out and started around the back. 

The vampire appeared next to him suddenly. “Need help?”

“Possibly. It depends on if they saw something they shouldn’t have had. By the way, what’s your name?”

“Felix March of the St. Clair coven.”

“Thank you for your help, Felix. I’ll make sure Raven knows,” Hudson said as he reached the back of the van.

“Glad I could be of assistance, King Hudson. Fucking hunters.”

“Fucking hunters indeed.” Hudson opened the van doors. The one girl the hunters had managed to kidnapped ran at them, clutching one her high heels in her hand.

“I do love a fighter,” Felix said, staring at the woman. “Relax. You are safe. Lower your weapon.”

Hudson heard the power in the vampire’s voice. Impressed, he watched the human woman stumbled to a halt and slowly lower her shoe. She stared at Felix, her face blank. 

Felix held his hand out, and the woman took it. He gently helped her out of the van, then took her shoe from her. Kneeling, he instructed her to brace her hand on his back while he helped put the shoe her back on.

For some reason, the gesture touched Hudson.

Standing, Felix gently took her chin and stared into her eyes. “You were kidnapped, yes, but you saw nothing unusual. No claws. No red eyes. Nothing a human would not have. A blond-headed guy with blue eyes and of average height helped save you, but he disappeared before you could get his name. Do you understand?”

The woman nodded slowly. “Yes. I understand. I saw nothing unusual and a blond-headed guy with blue eyes who is of average height helped save me.”

“Now go back toward the club and find a group of people to stand with. There is safety in numbers.”

“I will go back to the club and find a group of people stand with because there is safety in numbers.”

Hudson watched the woman walked back. He glanced at Felix and grinned. Hudson had long red hair and brown eyes. Felix had short, dark brown hair. They were both tall. He couldn’t tell the color over his eyes because they were currently red.

“Smart.”

Felix bowed his head slightly. “Thank you, King Hudson.”

A few seconds later, fire trucks and cop cars came screaming up to the club. 

Hudson smelled Connie before he saw him. Connie stopped next to him and nodded to Felix.

“Connie, this is Felix, one of Raven’s vampires. Raven? This is my right hand, Sir Conrad. Felix was very helpful.”

“Hey, Felix. Thank you. I’ve noticed several of Raven’s people helping. Is everything okay?” Connie asked as they moved into the shadows.

“One dead. I’m not sure about the other there on the ground. He hasn’t moved since I threw him against the van. At least two escaped. The humans are unharmed,” Hudson said. “Any more attempted kidnappings?”

“No, fortunately,” Connie said.

“That’s good to know,” Felix said. “King Hudson? Sir Conrad? I must take my leave now. I’m sure the human police are going to want to talk to Raven since he owns the place.”

“I did see a female vampire capture what I think was one of the hunters inside the club. Once everything calms down, will you ask Raven to update me on what happened, please?” Hudson asked.

“Absolutely. I didn’t know about that. Interesting.” Felix nodded to both of them then walked back toward the club at a human speed.

“Making friends, are you?” Connie asked.

“Never can have too many,” Hudson joked. “But Felix was a great help. I do envy their ability to compel humans.”

“It would definitely be a nice talent to have,” Connie agreed. “But I’ll take being a dragon any day.”

“Can’t argue with that. We really are the best.” Laughing, Hudson threw his arm around Connie’s shoulders. “Come on, let’s go home. I’ve had enough excitement for the night.”