Sunday, May 17, 2015

HAHABT Blog Hop



Love is Love!


Hey everyone! I’m M.A. Church, and welcome to Decadent Delights. I want to thank you for stopping by for the HAHABT Blog Hop.

While it’s hard dealing with narrow-minded people with their misguided beliefs, we need to remember education is the key. It’s essential to fighting homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia. Through patience and understanding, we can make changes.

I’ve told a few people what I write. Most times the response is an odd look, a shrug, and the question why… which leads to why restricting a group of people’s rights is a bad idea. Look at our history to tell you why.

Sometimes a conversation is all it takes to get someone to just stop and think, instead of reacting with what they’ve been taught. Often we shun the naysayers. That kind of negative energy is not only hard to deal with, it’s hurtful. Harmful. I’ve walked away from those people too.

But… I’ve also reached a blessed few. Got them to think. To listen. To try to put themselves in that persons shoes and see what it’s like. And when it happens and a lightbulb goes off… it’s a beautiful thing. Together, we can make a difference.





Now for the contest! :) The prize is book #1 and book #2 of The Harvest series in ebook! Just comment on my post for a chance to win. Make sure to leave me an email addy so I can contact the winner after the Hop is over. :)

Have fun hopping, y'all. There are a bunch of great folks in the Hop!

~M



18 comments:

  1. I love this blog hop. I fully support it. I love the caption.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The caption and message are great. I know the "why" question all too well--how does one explain their heart, identity, passion? *sigh*
    Thank you for hopping, M.A.!
    ~ Participant #91, avsandersarchive @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! Just listen with your ears and mind open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an informative and touching hop each year!

    Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for listing The Harvest - The Next Generation (Szin). What a treat. I thoroughly enjoyed the first books in the series and look forward to reading more. Please skip me from your contest. I already own. I simply wanted to express my appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your post and participating in this blog hop.

    kimberlyFDR@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post and hop.
    cvsimpkins@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IS LOVE!!!! Thank you for participating in this blog hop!

    ree.dee.2014 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your post. You're so right about the education aspect of it all.

    waxapplelover (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you feel trying to reach people about this subject. My mom is an avid church goer and when the talks were in our state about gay marriage, she said she would move to another state where that was still illegal. And I was like MOM Seriously?!? She has decided against moving and doesn't react badly to GLBT type stuff "openly" anymore. But I know and hope it is a short way before there is even the slightest difference in the World about phobias, but I do see small changes that give me hope. And hey, I may not be gay, lesbian, transgendered, bi, or otherwise but I believe there is no wrong LOVE! Love is Equal!

    witchinreader@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post & participating in the blog hop!

    annmarief115 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the post and for helping to spread awareness. I love the Rachel Maddox quote.

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the post. I know I have gotten interesting looks when I say I read gay romance. This hop has a lot of great information. Hopefully it has opened some hearts and minds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops forgot my email addy nisee1966@gmail.com

      Delete
  14. thanks for being part of the hop

    leetee2007(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining; nice post

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this hop. I find out something new every year. Thanks for being part of the hop.
    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for being part of this blog hop and for your post, as well as a chance to win The Harvest series. Love does not have a gender, lover is love <3 slholland22 {at} hotmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete