Friday, July 29, 2016

Finicky Friday - Grilled Halibut with Strawberry-Mango Salsa

Divine’s Summer Blog Hop Contest


Grilled Halibut with Strawberry-Mango Salsa



Hey everyone, I thought it would be cool to post some recipes I had found online. I’m going to *try* to do some of these beforehand, but I’m sure there’ll be times I won't. I'm going to call this Finicky Friday. :)


LOL, yes, yes, there was indeed a trend for July. What can I say, I love strawberries! Next month I'm focusing on watermelon. I think. Maybe, lol. Watermelon and summer kind of goes hand-in-hand, don't you think?


Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 10 minutes
Servings: 4

~Looking for a dish that's light and summery yet filling? Here's a recipe that captures all the flavors of summer and will leave you feeling satisfied.


INGREDIENTS
1 package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries

1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks

1 ripe avocado, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks

1 jalapeño, seeded and minced

2 tablespoons lime juice

1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro

1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided

4 skin-on halibut fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 lime, cut into 4 wedges

Pinch of salt


DIRECTIONS
Hull strawberries and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl. Add mango, avocado, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

Stir gently to combine. Set aside.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush halibut fillets with oil and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill fillets, skin side up and covered, 4 to 5 minutes, turn over gently and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until fish is opaque throughout.
Serve with squeeze of fresh lime juice and salsa.

Calories:  315.12
Total Fat:  13.72g
Saturated Fat:  1.93g
Cholesterol: 36.29mg
Sodium:  328.72mg
Total carbohydrates: 2.42g
Dietary Fiber: 5.51g
Protein: 25.56g

Recipe by: Driscolls.com