Thursday, March 5, 2020

Thursday book recommendation




These are books I’ve read and really enjoyed. Most of what I talk about will probably be paranormal/scifi but not always. Although it’s rare, I do read some contemporary.




This week is:  Love of the Egoist: M/M Enemies to Lovers by by Nero Seal


Blurb:
“I wanted to play with you… punish you. But now, I want to ruin your world and turn it pitch black. Isolate you so you don’t have anything left except me. And remember, it’s your own fault.”

Isolation. Loneliness. Endless silence stretching into eternity.
This is the personal living hell of police detective, Kuon Leiris.
His punishment for ruining the Black Duke’s deal.
But when nights come, it gets worse…
Cruelty. Care. Brutality. Affection.
Constant mind games where he can do nothing, but give in.
Yugo pours his every corrupt desire into his prey, testing the limits of their twisted relationship.
Do you dare enter a dark world where safe-words don’t exist?



My thoughts: I almost didn’t highlight this book because it’s VERY dark. It’s a no-holds-barred, violent, bloody story of one man’s obsession with another. I hesitate to even call this a romance, but if pressed, I’d say it’s a very, very, very twisted romance. It will straight up fuck with your head. The MC doesn’t have any redeeming qualities. He’s bad and completely happy with being bad. Love isn’t going to save the day in this.  

If you have triggers, this may be something you want to skip. Seriously. This isn’t for the faint of heart. There is mind-fucking, on-page rape, and… well, you name it, it’s in there. I don’t trigger at all, and I had to take breaks when reading this. I would say this ranks up there with The Flesh Cartel books. (Which I did read and won’t read again. Once was enough, but holy shit was that book well done.)

Now, having warned the hell out of this, I can honestly say this is one of the best books I have ever read. It’s brilliant. You want to see the mental workings of a depraved person? This is the book for you. Want to see how someone can and will break? Then is reshaped? This is the book for you. Book #2 is now out also, and yes, I did read it! If you like book #1 you need to read book #2!


Take my warnings seriously, y’all.