Thursday, March 12, 2020

Thursday book recommendation



These are books I’ve read and really enjoyed. Most of what I talk about will probably be paranormal/scifi but not always. Although it’s rare, I do read some contemporary.

This week is:  Murder Husbands by E.M. Denning





Blurb:

DARK MM Romance
Pounds of flesh repay debts in Pierce's world.

In a sea of nameless bodies, Henry Prince is sold to Pierce to settle a score and turns out to be the best thing that’s ever happened to him.

Pierce’s empire is crumbling around him and before Henry, he hadn’t cared to salvage it. Henry is full of secrets, and Pierce is desperate to learn them all, even if it means risking both their lives to protect him from the enemies closing in around them.

Together, Henry and Pierce are unstoppable. Their devotion is immeasurable until two men from Pierce’s past threaten their trust in each other when it’s needed most. Drew and Griffin are a painful reminder of how much Pierce will risk protecting the man he loves. Henry's attraction to Griffin might be the key to uniting his past and his future, but Pierce’s animosity and desire for Drew threaten the delicate balance the men have forged.

Good men can be bad and bad men can do good, but life isn't always black and white. Sometimes all you can do is fight to save yourself and those you love. Is there strength in numbers or will Pierce fail when it counts the most?



My thoughtsFirst off, let me say how jealous of that title I am lol. No kidding, I am such a title slut, and I would’ve killed to have thought up such a cool title! Okay, now that I got that off my chest, lol, once more I seem to be highlighting a dark book. This isn’t the darkest thing I’ve ever read, but it does touch on stuff that might trigger some folks, so be aware of that. The blurb does a good job of telling us what the story is about also. Yes, this is a love story, but it’s not your usual fluffy love story. There is violence. Blood. Pierce was actually my favorite character, although Henry def makes the book.