Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday book recommendation



These are books I’ve read and really enjoyed. Most of what I talk about will probably be paranormal/scifi but not always. Although it’s rare, I do read some contemporary.


This week is:  His Surrogate Omega: An MPREG Omegaverse Book (Omega Quadrant 1) by Kelex

Amazon link:







Blurb:
Omega Gray Tomlinson is positive he’ll remain unmated for the rest of his life. By his mid-thirties, he remains unclaimed and without prospects, and lives confined to the Omega Quadrant, where he’s sure he’ll end up dying alone.

When his older brother, Silver, and Silver’s alpha die in a tragic accident, Gray’s nephews come to live in his little sequestered world. Without an alpha, he knows he has little means to help support the boys. The only choice he can stomach is to offer his services as a surrogate.

The minute Gray meets Jamie, the infertile omega who so desperately wants a child, he senses a bond like none he’s ever felt before. It’s brotherly love at first sight, and Gray decides Jamie is the one, agreeing to carry his and his alpha, Rohan’s, child.

But when circumstances change, Gray is faced with new challenges, a new love interest, and a battle for the very life that grew inside him. And maybe there’s an alpha out there for him after all…

****
Want more Gray and Rohan? Check out Unexpected Heat: An Omegaverse Short ASIN: B07S96DLVG

Meet a character who'll play a major role in the Avery's book in Suddenly His Alpha: An Omegaverse Short ASIN: B07TJJPTQ7

And keep an eye out for His Reluctant Omega (Omega Quadrant, 2) coming soon.


Also check out the new OV series based in the same world
~Alphas of the Western Provinces~
The first novel, One Wild Heat ASIN: B07RSLPH7Y and the second, One Wild Omega ASIN: B07W4WF3RS



My thoughts:
Okay, first off: This is a non-shifter, mpreg book. With that out of the way, lol, OMG. Look, I’ve read a lot of Kel’s books, but this one… this one really got to me. I cried. And I’m someone who does that over books, as a rule. The emotions in this… whoo boy, prepare thyself. When this came out, I told Kel I thought it was the best book she’d ever written.

The worldbuilding is out of this world, and really, for me, that’s one of the highest compliments I can give. (See a pattern here LOL? I go for books that focus on worldbuilding!)