Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Tuesday Teaser



This is a teaser from Day's Light, book #2 in the Mystic Bay series. I'm a little over halfway through on it!


“Okay, so, I haven’t had a lot of time to go deep on your mate, but what I’ve found so far is all good. He’s the son of Judy and Gerald James, now deceased.”
“Speaking of, what’s going on with that?”
“The humans are investigating, but you know as well as I do they’ll never find who shot them. I don’t know if they’ve identified the parents yet, but it shouldn’t be much longer.”
“They haven’t?”
“No, those assholes took their wallets. I guess it was a miracle they dropped Mark’s, or we’d be in the same position. Mark has one brother, named Michael James. He’s a year younger. They lived in a suburb on the outskirts of New York City and appeared to be solid middle-class.”
“Any priors?” Hunter dumped the dressing on his salad and dug in.
“Nothing so far. There’s a couple of speeding tickets spread out through the family, but that’s it. I haven’t really had a chance to dig into the financials, but what I’ve seen says they lived within their means.”
Hunter bit into one of the rolls that came with his meal. Sissy really did have the best rolls in town. “Good.”
“On the surface they look like your average American family, and I really think they are.