Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Teaser Tuesday

 


This is the last teaser since the book will release May 6th. 

Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Darkness-M-Church-ebook/dp/B0CZQGKZZX



“What? Oh, sorry. I just…” Kit shrugged. He needed to get out of his own head and pay attention to the conversation. So, Hudson was saying Kit’s scent was indeed enough to trigger his partial transformation. That was wild.

“Is everything okay?” Hudson asked.

“Yes.” Kit waved his hand. “Keep going, please.”

Hudson studied Kit for a moment before finally nodding. “Most paranormals with a good sense of smell have a large percentage of their brains devoted to olfactory processing. Scent is everything to us.”

Kit bit his lip. He really needed to remember he wasn’t dealing with humans. It made sense when he remembered Hudson and Connie were dragons, which were animals. They might be magical animals, but they were indeed animals.

“And a mate’s scent is unlike anything we have ever smelled before. It really is that overwhelming,” Hudson said.

“So much so that I picked up your scent on Hudson when he returned home,” Connie added. “But unlike Hudson, I had trouble regaining control of myself. I almost shifted here in the house.”

“Damn.” Kit could only guess at the panic that must’ve caused. Not to mention the damage. So maybe catching a whiff of him really had been that big of a deal.

“I ended up tossing his ass in the pool out back.” Hudson shrugged.

Kit spluttered. “What? Seriously?”

“Yeah. The cool water literally snapped me out of it.” Connie cleared his throat. “I’ve, ah, made several trips to the pool here lately.”

“Oh dear.” Kit put his mug on the table next to him. The sheepish look on Connie’s face was just too cute. “Because of me?”

Connie blushed. “Yes.”