Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Author in the Spotlight - Chris T. Kat













Hey everyone! Today for my author in the spotlight I'm highlighting Chris T. Kat, another DSP author I met through another DSP author, lol.



Title: Silver Lining



Publisher: Dreamspinner Press



Genre: Bittersweet Dreams, Ghosts/Spirits

 

Buy link: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3240 

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Lining-ebook/dp/B009GWI802/

 

A Bittersweet Dreams title: It's an unfortunate truth: love doesn't always conquer all. Regardless of its strength, sometimes fate intervenes, tragedy strikes, or forces conspire against it. These stories of romance do not offer a traditional happy ending, but the strong and enduring love will still touch your heart and maybe move you to tears.
 
 
 
Blurb:
Riley doesn’t understand why his relationship with Scott went downhill overnight. For weeks, he’s been trying to get the other man to talk to him, but Scott is distant—most of the time he just ignores Riley completely. It isn’t until a mutual acquaintance arrives at their home that Riley understands the pressure Scott has been under—and the danger they’re both in.
 
 
 
Excerpt:
“I'm not going to leave you and the same goes for you. You're it for me.
He said it with so much conviction, so much compassion, that I burst into tears. Scott was all I'd ever wanted. He was fun to be around, had an easygoing attitude, and it didn't hurt that he had a body to die for. I never got what he saw in me. I was a whole head shorter than him, skinny, and never found the time to get a haircut, which naturally led to my curls growing into a barely tamable mane.
“You can't say something like that, I whined. We're only nineteen. All nineteen-year-olds promise each other to stay together forever. It never works.
That's not true and even if it were, then we'll be the exception to the rule.
You can't just―”
He silenced me with a kiss. He deepened the kiss and the whole incident ended in us doing more fun stuff. I still flipped from time to time, but after a few months I stopped running. Scott told me he was proud of me when I stayed for the first time. I jumped him for that, muttering, I don't get why you put up with me.
“I have a thing for drama queens, he deadpanned.
For a fleeting second his comment hurt, then I discovered the mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Asshole.
He grinned at me before he lavished my asshole with attention.
I got better at the not-flipping thing, though I never got the hang of the not-being-jealous thing. To be fair, Scott never gave me a reason to be jealous. It was merely the way other guys or girls looked at him, the open hunger in their eyes. The man was mine and mine alone. I never failed to make this clear to whoever dared to sidle up too close to him.
“Ri, cut it out, it's not a pretty sight, Scott always said in those moments.
I made a show of batting my lashes at him, all fake innocence. I don't know what you're talking about, Scotty. Aren't you the one who always tells me I'm the prettiest thing you ever saw?
“You're a scamp.
I gasped in shock, put my hands above my heart, and widened my eyes before I gazed up at him. Me? You're wounding me.
“I am? Hmm, would it help if I tell you that you're the prettiest scamp I've ever seen?
I don't know, big guy, I really don't know.
Scott pulled me into his arms, kissed me thoroughly, and asked, You made up your mind now?
“Yeah, I'm keeping you even if you suck at giving compliments.
That was how we worked. Scott was the calm one, grounding me, loving me in a way I never fathomed anyone would. If anything, we grew closer over the years. We forged a bond that nothing could ever destroy. Or so I thought.
 
 
Bio:
Chris T. Kat lives in the middle of Europe, where she shares a house with her husband of almost 15 years and their two children. She stumbled upon the M/M genre by luck and was swiftly drawn into it. She divides her time between work, her family—which includes chasing after escaping horses and lugging around huge instruments such as a harp—and writing. She enjoys a variety of genres, such as mystery/suspense, paranormal, and romance. If there's any spare time, she happily reads for hours, listens to audiobooks, or crafts.
 
 
or add her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/christi_kat
 
You can contact her at christi_kat25@yahoo.com