Friday, January 31, 2014

Anyone up to helping pick character names?

2/4/14
~Okay, I'm going to close this. :) The two most popular names were Adlar and Varo. Hovic lost out by one vote! I'm putting his name at the top of the list... in case this turns into a series, lol. Thanks, guys! Y'all were a big help. :) I think I'm going to post this on here, but not as a flash. I *may* post it once a month... it'll be longer in length that way. Problem is, that cuts down on who I can send it off to. But, on the other hand, you guys comments really help. I found that out with Harvest!
~M




*Bangs head on keyboard*

Okay, my Muse woke me up this morning. Oh God, that hasn't happened since... Well, Harvest was the last time I dreamed up a story. For those of you around from back then, you know what that means lol.

HUGE FREAKING STORY LINE!!!

I mean, Harvest took a year to write and ended up around 200K. I'm about to scream because I really don't have time for something this time consuming right now. And yes, I've been at this all day... just taking notes!

*sigh*

So, I took notes. It looks like it's M/M scifi again. Two planets at war over a resource. Heck, I'll throw some of my notes up here for ya. This isn't *all* of my notes, but it's enough to give ya an idea of the story line. I think this is going to be an enemies to lover story, which means there will be some kidnapping going on and probably dub/con sex at first. That's if the whole thing doesn't dry up on me lol. And keep in mind, this is still very early in the planning stage. Changes might, and probably will, happen lol.



~Conflict: Black Phospolrock - through phospolthesis, the rock releases a chemical compound
 that is refined and contained. It’s then sold to other plants the Draknorians have treaties with as a fuel. The Yesri has since gone to war for what they want.



 ~Planet – Draknoir.  Called Draknoirians


~The Draknoirians planet is a Nightshade planet. Meaning, they have only two hours of daylight. Rest of the time is darkness. They control access to the Phospolrock. Rich culture and educated, but violent. Has both males and females. Live below ground.

~Highly developed senses of hearing- pointed ears, but placed at the same place as human ears. 

~Specially adapted slit pupils - Their eyes can adapt to both low-level and bright day levels of illumination. Color can range a dark maze to bright golden yellow. They can see at only one sixth the light level required for the other species. 

~Pale skin. Almost have a fey look to them. They are *not* feline lol.

~fangs


~Planet – Yesri.  Called Yesrians 

~ppl live above ground.

~ has a day/night cycle. 22 hours of sun. 8 hours of night. A day is 30 hours long.

~All ppl have shades various shades of blonde hair. Eye come in three colors: green or blue… There are brown eyes, but those are rare and found only in the ruling family. Look human.

~Ruler wants Phospolrock. Need it for their ecomomy. But they are also scared of the Draknoir. Rumors say they bite and drain their victims of life. Hmmm... didn't say blood.




But here's what I'm wanting - pick two names for the main characters:  
Varo 
Rayno 
Adlar
Yerla
Imnok
Hovic 

Leave the names in a comment please. :) Kinda interested in seeing what names are best liked lol. 

34 comments:

  1. Maybe Varo & Adlar. I don't think Rayno would work tho .....sounds to much like Keyno & draino. lol

    loriwarwick220@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm Keyno....sorry, sorry lol I agree the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Rayno was Dale and Keyno. I think maybe Imnok and Adlar,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adlar & Hovic are my favorites from your list. They have a nice flow to my ears. **whatever lol**

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? I didn't make the connection between Rayno and Keyno. Which was really stupid of me now that I see the names together lol. Good catch y'all.

    Thanks, guys!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hovic lept out at me first and then Adlar. Don't know why they just grabbed my attention.

      Delete
  5. Hmm.. I'd go with Adlar and Imnok. I like the choices and agree with previous comments on Rayno/Keyno. Hovic just reminds me of Havoc from Lori Fosters SBC Fighters series. But that may be just me!

    Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Imok and Hovic.
    But now that I have Keyno in my head I have to go re-read Harvest again for like the 100th time.

    Anna (Tat)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I really do like Adlar and Hovic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Varo and Hovic. Immediately discarded Rayno because of the Harvest.

    An aside: You said the people exposed to 20+ hours of sunlight daily look human. If that's the case, wouldn't their skin be darker, to protect them from sun exposure? Blonds tend to be fair, is why I mention it.

    Good luck with the new story. Hope it pans out! -- Geemeedee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, a very good point. I'll add that to the notes. That's why you guys commenting on stuff is so helpful. :)
      ~M

      Delete
  9. I definitely like Adlar but then I can't decide between Hovic and Imnok for the second name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My choice would be Varo & Adlar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Imnok and Varo. I sort of like Yerla except the A at the end would tend to make people think female.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, didn't think of that. Adding that to the notes, lol.

      ~M

      Delete
  12. I'm voting Varo and Adlar. :)
    Looking forward to the story so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked Yerla too. And Yerla would still work if you wanted one of the characters to have a softer side, like Dale. But if both characters are suppose to be more like warriors, ie Keyno, then Yerla doesn't really work anymore.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Adlar the most and then I like Yeslar. Definitely looking forward to it. Good luck with the writing and thank you for letting us participate.
    Chopejem

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that Adlar is a bit too earthly (my lawyers name is J. Adler) I like Hovic most and either Imnok or Cato as a second best names for the other main character. Good luck and sounds great already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry Varo...stupid auto correct

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Adlar and Varo, third choice Hovic.

    I'm interested in what names mean - granted, this doesn't apply in a science-fiction/other worlds sense, but still, knowing the roots of a name can sometimes help me develop a character (from a writer's viewpoint).

    Adlar: "noble strength" in Old German (variant of Alard). Adler, though, means "eagle," also in Old German.
    Varo: closest I could get is 'Vardon' which is "durable" by way of Old French; alternatively, 'Varro' is a character in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
    Hovic has no associated meanings - so there's that!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Varo and Adlar can wait to see how this one turns out the Harvest was amazing but so is everything you write

    ReplyDelete
  19. Personally, I'm liking Imnok and Hovik but only because they are unique and don't bring to mind any other characters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adlar and Hovic would be my first choices, and maybe Varo or Imonok next.
    I LOVED Harvest so I'm really excited you might be starting something new.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  21. Varo and Adlar :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The names that popped out to me were Varo and Adlar with Hovic coming in close. Looking forward to seeing how the story goes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I liked Imnok and Adlar:)
    Hovic jumped way out too! But I kinda thought Hovic sounds a little too sci-fi to fit into your worlds.
    I was going to go with Yesle, cox then he could be like a royalty of Yesri correct?!? But my imagination and impulsiveness is running away from me again. I shld jus leave the storytelling to you!
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just to let ya know really looking forward to anything you write, having that said, I would go for Yerla for the Yesrian. Adlar for the Draknoirian. If what I am already imagining to be taking place in this story to be true is that the Yesrian prince, maybe named Yerla, is trying to please his people, and father, so he is going to try to win over or trick the Draknoirians to give them the Black Phospolrock by getting involved with the Draknoirian ruler, maybe named Adlar. Yerla would be a good uke for a strong named seme like Adlar.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Varo and Hovic. It sounds like it will be an awesome story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I prefer Varo and Hovic...maybe Adlar. I see Imnok as 'I'm not OK' for some reason. It would distract me...but then I am easily distracted with some of the more unusual names :)
    Sounds intriguing...hope it works out for you(and us).

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm with Varo & Adlar. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete