Friday, September 28, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #2

TGI Friday, y'all!  
 
 
The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. It's a great way to find new blogs that interest you. Lord knows I have.
 

Here are the rules to the blog hop! To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:


· (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}


· (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers


· Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing on either Hosts blog. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.


· Grab the button from either Host and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.


· If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed


· Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI.”


· If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love… and the followers.


· If you’re new to the Follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

 
 
~Q: What is the BIGGEST word you've seen used in a book lately - that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.~
 
 


Parthenogensis. The word parthenogenesis comes from the Greek παρθένος, parthenos, meaning "virgin", and γένεσις, genesis, meaning "birth". It is a form of asexual reproduction where growth and development of embryos occur without fertilization. 


I found the word in a friends Wednesday Brief flash story last week lol, and had to look it up. Of course, after I read the meaning I knew exactly what it meant and how it tied into her flash story!
~M

17 comments:

  1. Wow! Terrific answer! Haven't heard of that word.

    New follower via GFC.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting answer and I hadn't heard about Feature and Follow. Might have to look into that (still figuring out the blogging thing...).

    Oh, and I totally dig the shark picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Snort* I'm still learning things about Blogger and I've had this blog since Jan lol!!!

      Yeah, that pic was rocking.
      ~M

      Delete
  3. Hehe. I know who used that word! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I think I might already know that word but I can't quite remember.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'll raise my sci-fi geek hand and admit I already knew that one. ;)

    New follower - thanks for stopping by. Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am not a new follower but I had to tell you, I read Night Time Wishes the other day. That was so much fun! I can't wait for the second book now. As for big words. There is a word that is used in Dust& Ash that is a disease that a Dragon gets. I could not begin to pronounce or spell it. Let's just say it uses most of the alphabet and sounds like a greek or latin word. This next thought is being typed exactly as I thought it. " I wonder if its a real disease." Upon further reflection, I realize now there are no such things as dragon vets so how would we know?. It's Friday and my brain only works until noon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've heard that one before :) New follower hopping through, hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

    Chrystina @BookLiaison

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower!

    Awesome word :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a huge word. I know I would have had to look that one up.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a big word!

    New follower hopping by!
    My ff:
    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I don't believe I've heard that one before!
    New Follower here, hooray!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF's for this week Book Me! and
    Carmen Jenner Author
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great word! It was familiar to me, but I totally forgot what it meant! Thanks for stopping by my FF post! I am also a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love discovering new words! Thanks too for all the drool-worthy photos! I'm a new follower via GFC and would love for you to visit me when you have a chance.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one of the few words I've come across that I've been totally clueless about. Never heard it before! Thanks for stopping by my blog

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete