- Contact me
- Book/ Buy Links
- What I'm Working On/Upcoming Releases
- Where To Find Me
- The Fur, Fangs, and Felines series
- The Harvest series
- The Next Generation series (Harvest Young)
- Leap of Faith series
- Make a Wish series
- All That He Desires short story
- The Derkelyng short story
- For the Love of Home and Hearth short story
- 2013 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mentions-Shadows in the Night
- USA Today review for Trouble Comes in Threes
- 2015 Rainbow Award Runner up - Trouble Comes in Threes
- Trouble Comes in Threes artwork
- The Harvest artwork
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Today’s little bit of snark comes from a WIP called Entangled. Make sure to check out Marie Sexton's blog for the other links!
photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/scubavagabond/2428241107/">Scubaben</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photo pin</a> <a
“Tell you what, half pint, go ask Umar. If he says yes, then you can go,” Carey said and Berko raced off toward the village.
“Have you lost your damn mind? A kid has no business on the boat with us. We’re working and it’s not a place for a damn kid.”
“Umar won’t let him—”
“I go, I go!”
“You were saying?” Jack asked.
Berko raced down the beach toward them, sand kicking out behind him. The little bugger was hauling butt.
“You keep up with him, hear me, Carey?”
“Shit. I didn’t think Umar would let him go.”
Berko was running so fast he made a loop around them.
“You thought wrong,” Jack said walking to the boat. “Have fun babysitting.”
“That’s bad word, Carey,” Berko informed Carey.
What Carey didn’t say was if a situation ever called for the word ‘shit’ this was it. How was he going to work and watch this little ankle biter?
“Sorry. Okay, here’s the deal. You can go and we’ll take some shots close to the surface. Then you go back on board while I go deeper down. Berko, I have to get at least one roll of film today.”