Friday, August 16, 2013

Welcome Shira Anthony

Hey guys! Today I have a very special promo... a M/M story about mermen! *blush* Okay, I have to admit this book caught my attention when Shira first starting talking about it. I mean, come on... mermen. o.0 It's on my TBR list... just as soon as I get a few free minutes lol. ;)

~M




Stealing the Wind (Mermen of Ea #1), by Shira Anthony

Thanks, my dear, for hosting me on your blog today and letting me talk a bit about my brand new Dreamspinner Press release, Stealing the Wind!  I’ve brought along a friend.  Hope you don’t mind.  He’s a bit… er… slippery at times.  I’m hoping he’ll answer a few questions about mermen for us today.  So without further ado, let me introduce Ian Dunaidh, captain of the Phantom.  Say hello, Captain.

Ian:  *blinks*  Where the hell am I?

Shira:  We talked about this a few days ago.  Remember, an interview on MA Church’s blog.  You look a bit confused.  And…ah…naked?  Where are your clothes?

Ian:  That’s your fault.  You didn’t tell me I’d be sitting here talking to you when you pulled me out of the water without warning.  I would have brought something to wear.

Shira:  Perfect timing for my first question, then.  But you might want to sit down, Ian.  I think MA is getting a pretty good look at your…  Well, then, on the topic of clothing…. I know you transform into and out of your merman form, but what do you do about clothing when you do?

Ian:  *scowls*  We usually take our clothes off before we transform.  The tail tends to rip up our trousers. If I knew I was going to be yanked off my ship by a mage—

Shira:  Writer.  Not mage.

Ian:   Whatever you call yourself, you brought me here using some sort of magic.  If I know I’m going to need to walk around on land, I usually try to strap some clothes to my waist before I transform.  *crosses legs*  But since we’re here, you’ll just have to live with my lack of clothing.

Shira:  Works for me!  So, about transforming… How do you do it?

Ian:  It’s quite easy.  I just imagine myself in this form and my body changes.

Shira:  Anywhere?  Can you show us now?

Ian:  *glares*  Of course not.  It only happens when an Ea is in the water.  What good can come of transforming on land?

Shira:  I suppose you have a point.  So when you transform, do you have scales?

Ian:  We are not fish.

Shira:  Oh.

Ian:  We’re far more like dolphins than fish.  Mammals.  Do you think we lay eggs?  *crosses arms over very broad, sexy chest*

Shira:  Ah.  No.  I guess not.  I never really thought about it.  Uh… so… how do you… well… you know… do it?

Ian:  *raises eyebrows*  Do what?

Shira:  Ah… you know… er… mate?

Ian:  *laughs and looks smug*  How much detail would you like?

Shira:  *blushes beet red*  A little?

Ian:  *smirks*  We have openings in our tails.  Our sexual organs are internal, but they look and feel like human organs.  Much like a dog’s manhood is sheathed, ours is as well.

Shira (a bit too quickly): Thanks.  So you live in the sea, right?

Ian:  We live on land.  I suppose we could live our lives in the sea, but we’ve lived on land as long as I’ve been alive.

Shira: Just seems a little strange that you live on land and have sailing ships.  I mean, why not just swim where you want to go?

Ian:  Ships are faster for long distances.  Besides, we have to sleep, just like any human. 

Shira:  I see.

Ian:  I need to get back to my ship.

Shira:  *grins*  You mean Taren?

Ian:  *scowls again*  My ship.  Taren is my prisoner.

Shira:  Oh, I sort of thought you two were… you know… mates?  *giggles*  I made a pun!

Ian:   *taps bare foot on floor*

Shira:  I got you there, didn’t I?

Ian:  Send me back to my ship.  Now.  Or I’ll….

Shira:  You’ll what?

Ian:  Never mind.

Shira:  I already know about your power, Ian.  I wrote you, remember?

Ian:  *raises a single eyebrow*

Shira:  Sending you back!  Thanks for joining me, Ian. *waves*

Ian:  That’s “sir” to you.

Shira:  Sending you back now, Ian, sir! 

Ian says “thank you” for having him visit.  Or something like that.  He’s a bit preoccupied with his new prisoner, Taren Laxley.  If you know what I mean.  Taren’s arrival aboard the Phantom has put Ian in a pretty awkward position, especially since Taren has no idea he’s also a merman.

Want to read what happens when Taren and Ian butt heads?  Or when Taren realizes he’s not human?  Stealing the Wind is now available from Dreamspinner Press!  You can buy it at the Dreamspinner website, Amazon, or AllRomanceEbooks.

I’ll leave you with the blurb.  Want to read an excerpt?  Click here.  Stealing the Wind is high adventure, high romance, set on the high seas.  With a few very sexy and slippery men thrown in for good measure.  (Yes, Ian, I can see you staring daggers at me!)  Hope you enjoy the story! –Shira

******

Taren Laxley has never known anything but life as a slave. When a lusty pirate kidnaps him and holds him prisoner on his ship, Taren embraces the chance to realize his dream of a seagoing life. Not only does the pirate captain offer him freedom in exchange for three years of labor and sexual servitude, but the pleasures Taren finds when he joins the captain and first mate in bed far surpass his greatest fantasies.

Then, during a storm, Taren dives overboard to save another sailor and is lost at sea. He’s rescued by Ian Dunaidh, the enigmatic and seemingly ageless captain of a rival ship, the Phantom, and Taren feels an overwhelming attraction to Ian that Ian appears to share. Soon Taren learns a secret that will change his life forever: Ian and his people are Ea, shape-shifting merfolk… and Taren is one of them too. Bound to each other by a fierce passion neither can explain or deny, Taren and Ian are soon embroiled in a war and forced to fight for a future—not only for themselves but for all their kind.