Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Teaser Tuesday

 


A few minutes later both of them sat on the couch across from Kit. If he wasn’t so mad at everyone in general, he’d feel bad. Hudson looked worried, and Connie was flat out green.

“I’ll start,” Hudson said. “Do you remember when you saw me partially transformed in your bookshop? That was the first time I’d actually met you in person.”

“Yes, I remember.” How could he not? That wasn’t something he’d ever forget. It ranked right up there with seeing Kage step out the shadows.

“I’m a thousand years old, Kit. I rarely lose control of myself like that,” Hudson said, running a hand through his hair. “But seeing you? I lost control. Your scent hit me like a nuclear bomb, and my dragon reacted. I got myself under control pretty quick, but it was a near thing.”

“So you got a whiff of me and knew I was your mate?” Was that a line? It seemed like a pickup line.

But they didn’t need to pick him up. He was a sure thing and had told them so. So, what was the point in lying about what he was to them? There wasn’t one.

Lord, there wasn’t one. But Hudson saying Kit’s scent threw him into a partial transformation seemed to be a bit much, but what did he know.

“Simplistically speaking? Yes,” Hudson answered.