Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tuesday Teaser - The One and Only



~More from The One and Only~



“Omigodomigodomigod.” Tyler hopped up. “I told you once we find our mate, we’re done. No one will ever draw our attention, that you wouldn’t even be able to get hard, because you wouldn’t feel desire. Remember that?”
“Yeah, so… well shit.” It hit Seth what Tyler was saying. “I got hard.”
“And the only one who should make you respond is me! Since I wasn’t there….” Tyler gestured wildly. “Do the math!”
“He’s our other mate, but we kind of already knew that, Tyler. This just proves it.”
“Fuck. Fuck.” Tyler paced in front of Seth. “Did he react to you?”
“I… that tingle when we touched. I think he felt it.”
Tyler groaned.
“Babe, stop pacing.” Seth reached out and snagged Tyler’s hand. “I’m pretty sure he didn’t know what was happening.”
Tyler took a deep breath, held it, then slowly released it. “Yeah. If he’d thought you were his mate, he would have reacted differently. Wonder why he didn’t.”
“I doused myself with that cologne you hate so much, remember? Even you said it messed up your sense of smell, so I’m going to assume it played havoc with his. And I smoked on the way there too.”
“I… I guess. I just don’t understand how he was fooled. I mean, you present as human. You smell like one. I took one look at you, smelled you, and knew.”
“I wasn’t trying to hide from you. I was him. Well, not him per se, just werecats in general. I don’t have answers, babe. For all we know, Bast may have done something so he couldn’t tell I was a mate.”
Tyler groaned. “Great. Lovely. Sure. Why not? That makes as much sense as anything else. Fuck, what did you say his name was?”
“Brier. He’s about 6-foot-tall with a swimmer’s build—you know, long, lean, and toned. Like most of your kind actually. He has shoulder length, light brown hair that was parted on one side and flipped over. He’s lightly tanned, has an angular face with a slim nose with a mustache with hair on bottom of the chin. He’s sexy, Tyler. I won’t lie.”
Tyler pursed his lips. “He sounds like it. But he’s a werecat, and that worries me.”