Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tuesday Teaser - Bound by Love




A few unit seconds later, he removed Jolak’s cup from the reduplicator. “Here you go.”
Jolak took it and sat. “Fill me in on what’s going on.”
That certainly wasn’t a request, but unfortunately, Neo didn’t know that much. What little he did, he related to Jolak.
“This simply won’t do,” Jolak said once Neo had repeated the embarrassing lack of information he did had. “As the King Consort, you have certain obligations you must attend to, and to do that, you must have the data needed to do so.” Jolak tapped his comm.
In a few unit seconds, Hamza appeared. “Atat? Is everything okay?”
“Everything is perfectly fine. Well, mostly fine. I need access to all status updates, reports, any and all transmissions from other planets about the… the death of Duran, any condolences… everything.”
“You don’t need to be worrying about—”
“But I do,” Jolak snapped. “Actually, Neo is the one who needs this, and he needs this information so he may do his job as King Consort, which I am going to help him with. So yes, I need it. Give me access. Now, Hamza.”
Neo hiked his eyebrow. Jolak was in rare form this morning.