Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tuesday Teaser




He couldn’t find Neo. Hands on his hips, he studied the area. He’d looked everywhere! It felt like he’d been hunting for days. Stupid hide and seek game. He’d been sure he’d find Neo with no trouble at all.
“Atat? Where’s Neo?” Hamza demanded. He was hot, tired, and so over this game.
“I can’t tell you. According to Dale, that would be cheating. You’re supposed to find him on your own. You know that.” Jolak looked up from the comm and grinned at Hamza’s look of frustration.
“I’ve searched everywhere! In trees, in holes in trees, in tall grass, in the many, many sitting areas in your garden… and he’s gone. Poof! He could be lost. Maybe in danger.”
Jolak tapped a finger against his lips. “I see.”
“I think you should tell me where he is. It’s been unit hours since I stopped counting, Atat! I’m concerned.”
“Uh-huh. My young, it’s been less than twenty unit minutes.”