Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tuesday Teaser


This is a teaser from Day's Light, book #2 in the Mystic Bay series. I'm a little over halfway through on it!



“Who are you? What’s happening to me? Why am I here? Why did you take me?” Out of the corner of his eye, he saw an alarm clock. It read ten at night, but ten at night on what day? How long had he been missing?
“My name is Hunter Day. What’s happening to you is that you’re going through the transformation. Being so ill is part of that. I wish there was something I could do to help, but there really isn’t, outside of making you comfortable.”
“Transformation? What does that mean?” What the hell was this dude talking about? Was this some kind of secret government operation where they experimented on innocent people off the streets?
“Where do you get this stuff from? Of course I’m not experimenting on you. I’m not planning to harvest your organs, by the way.”
So, he must’ve said that aloud.
“As to why you’re here, and why did I take you? Well, that’s a long story.”
Weren’t they all.