Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday Teaser


This is a teaser from Day's Light, book #2 in the Mystic Bay series. 



“There was no way you could’ve known I was awake. Hell, I didn’t even move when I first opened my eyes.”
Hunter let out a long breath. “Your heart rate changed, so yes, I did know you were awake. Werewolves have excellent hearing and sight, plus our sense of smell is ridiculously strong too. That one can be a bit of a pain in the ass, though. I’m sure you’ve noticed your vision is better. You’ve already mentioned you’re hearing things a human can’t. The sense of smell will be next, if it isn’t already improving.”
Mark dropped the spoon, and it clattered against the bowl.
“You’ve noticed things, huh?”
“That… that just isn’t possible.”
“I know this is hard to believe, but you have got to stop denying what is right in front of your face. Yes, it is possible,” Hunter said. “Werewolves exist. I exist. I bit you, and now you are going to be a werewolf. I can’t know how scary this must be since I’m a born werewolf, but you’re still the same person, Mark. You’re just a bit more than you were before, that’s all.”