Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tuesday Teaser - Behind the Eight Ball

 


This teaser is from Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines Book 2)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WFKPTCY

(This is Heller's POV)

 

 

Humans didn’t smell like shifters. They didn’t necessarily smell bad, just different. Thankfully the kids out front were almost done with my truck so I could get out of here. Standing at the register, I waited my turn, when suddenly that same scent from earlier came out of nowhere.

It slammed into me, but this time it was stronger. Much stronger. Fresher. It saturated every cell in my body, took me by the throat, and sank its fangs into me. The scent whispered dark, needy things in my ear. My cock sprang up, my balls high and tight to my body.

Mate, mate, mate.

The words echoed in my head. How in the world had I ever thought that scent came from a candle? I was an absolute idiot. I’d waited to find this scent for half my life. I’d finally found it, and I thought the scent came from wax in a bottle? Goddess! I breathed deeply. That scent. I had to find the owner of that scent. Excitement tore through my body. After all this time, I’d found the one for me.

“Sir?”

My gaze snapped up.

“Sir? Are you okay?”

My overjoyed excitement turned to ball-numbing horror. There at the register stood a gum smacking, ponytail wearing, more-makeup-than-you-could-shake-a-stick-at bubbly female. A female.

Not only that, she looked like she might be eighteen on a good day. What was my goddess thinking? I had no fucking clue what to do with a, with a… barely legal vagina. I liked men. I liked dick. Oh, I really liked dick.

“Sir?” 

Smack. Smack. Smack.

“I-I-I….” My eyes threatened to cross.

I was sure that gum-smacking sound would haunt me for the rest of my life. I needed help. No, no, what I needed was for the day to start over. Better yet, what I really needed was to have never stepped foot in here in the first place.

A female. What was I going to go with a female?

“Y-You don’t look so good.” She gasped. “Lawson? I need some help here!”

So do I. I cringed at the high-pitched sound that came from the girl’s mouth. Kill me now. Then a sudden thought hit me. Was she human too? Oh no. She couldn’t be human. I sniffed, and there below the scent currently driving me nuts was the scent of a paranormal.

It wasn’t a shifter scent, though. I was sure of that. Was it her? Or was that someone else? No, no, it wasn’t the gum-smacking girl. But there was something in that shop. Thanks to the other smells—especially that ocean scent—I couldn’t tell what type of paranormal was close by.

That scared the piss out of me. My cat paced in my mind, then let loose a growling yowl that left me gasping and twitching. Oh shit, I was on the verge of either fainting or shifting. My gaze wavered and there was a rush of movement around me. I found myself sitting down. That lovely, salty scent of the ocean wrapped around me, and I tried to concentrate on it. Tried to rein myself in.

“Sir? Can you look at me? Come on now.”

The masculine voice snagged my attention and calmness enveloped me. I looked up into the prettiest gunmetal-gray eyes I’d ever seen. My gaze traveled over the person in front of me. Oh, look at all that lovely tanned skin. Nice-shaped nose, five o’clock shadow, firm jaw. Kissable lips. Hair cut short on the sides, but take a look at those curls on top. I just want to run my fingers through them. My gaze dropped. Broad shoulders with a nice shape under those clothes. Like to see him without the clothes.

I returned to those exquisite eyes. As I stared I noticed hints of blue in them, and blue reminded me of the ocean and—and there was that scent. I inhaled. Oh yeah, there it was, and it was coming from the drop-dead sexy man kneeling in front of me, looking so worried.

Reaching out, I cupped the stranger’s jaw. Electricity shot up my arm. “Mine.”