Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tuesday Teaser - Bound by War

 


~Excerpt from Bound by War (No release date as of yet).



“Thanks,” Laken said once he returned.

“Glad to help.”

Neo had apparently decided he needed to prop up the nearest wall in the suite with his shoulder. Seeing that his best friend wasn’t leaving anytime soon, Laken crossed his arms over his chest and met Neo’s gaze. “What?”

Neo was silent for a full unit minute before he finally spoke. “It’s been over a day. Word is getting out about Torin being on the ship, probably thanks to Raiden. He’s still pissed.”

Like Laken cared. “He can get unpissed.”

“Right, I’ll make sure to pass that along.” Neo flashed a sardonic grin at Laken. “Don’t know why I didn’t think to tell him that myself.”

“What the hell is it going to take to get Raiden to move on?” Laken demanded, annoyed enough to stamp his foot. Bells chimed angrily.

“Um… blood? From Torin?”

Laken made a fist and one long spine that was razor sharp extended from his middle knuckle. “This is what I think of that. Make sure to pass it on.”

Neo snickered. “Oh, I absolutely will.” The laughter died, and Neo sobered. “Have you told Malk and Kia that Torin is your mate?”

“The hell, Neo?” Laken retracted the weapon. “It’s barely been a day! And I’ve hardly left Torin’s side. Besides, Kia is still dealing with seeing Ogill killed and the feelings that brought back. I don’t want to add to what he’s going through.”

“I love you like a brother, and as such, I’m going to call bullshit. Yes, you’ve hardly left Torin’s side. Do you honestly think that hasn’t been commented on? You don’t want to tell them because you know how they’re going to react. Malk especially. Doc, Gibor, Keyno, and Malk have all met the Blishue before and don’t think highly of them.”

“Fuck.” Laken scrubbed his hands over his face, slumping as his anger faded. “I know.”

“I’m going to give you some free advice. Tell them before they get wind of it. There were other people in Medical besides us. Who knows what was overheard? You can’t keep secrets on a ship, even one this size. They need to hear it from you.”