Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tease Me Thursday





Welcome to week 11 of Tease Me Thursday! When it's not quite Friday, and you're feeling like some fun from your favorite authors and authors you haven't met yet. Come on in, have a seat, and most of all... have fun! For this hop you post 7 paragraphs or 7 sentences or 7 words. It can be from a WIP or something published.
For this week, I thought I’d do something frommy WIP, Trouble Comes in Threes

Trouble Comes in Threes

Meow!” On the table sat one of the biggest black cats I’d ever seen, giving me the eye.
“Oh fuck me, you have got to be kidding. I don’t think so, pal.” I didn’t have anything against cats. It was just… I was barely taking care of myself, so how was I supposed to take care of a cat?xt my house started falling apart, and every appliance I owned stopped working.  Of course they were out of warranty. That superstitious old saying about trouble comes in threes? Well, I was waiting for ‘number three’ to show up and kick me in the ball at any time.
“Okay, cat, let’s go.” I pointed at the open door, finger not quivering, voice strong and steady. Cool, check me out. I sounded commanding. Authoritative. I even impressed myself.
The cat looked at me and flicked his tail. Then the damn thing shot out his back leg and started licking it.
“Seriously?”
The cat didn’t seemed half as impressed as I was with myself. Figures. I couldn’t even intimidate a stupid cat. Color me wuss. I shivered in the cold draft from the open door… Shit, the door was still open. Heat gushed out while I tried talking a cat out the damn door. And he wasn’t having any of it, seemed like.
“Here, kitty, kitty.” Again I called to the cat, and again the cat ignored me. Okay, it appeared we were at a standoff. I nodded my head at the open door. The cat licked its balls. Alrighty then. Guess that answered that. Ball licking won over stupid head nod any day of the week. I shut the door.