Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday Teaser




More from The One and Only:



Brier climbed inside and buckled his seat belt. “So, I hear we have a stop to make. Everything okay?”
Tal, sitting in the front, turned slightly, tucking a long stand of hair behind his ear. “Oh yeah, just need some paperwork I left yesterday. I was—”
“In a mad rush to get home.” Kirk snickered next to Brier in the back.
“After the text you two sent me?” Tal huffed. “Of course I was.”
“I’m surprised he didn’t get a speeding ticket.” Kirk winked at Brier.
They made small talk on the way to the office. Dolf got lucky and found a parking spot in front of Tal’s business, Martin Construction Company. It was located on the town square. Vehicles lined the street, thanks to the number of thriving shops.
“I won’t be but a minute. You guys want to come in?” Tal opened the truck door.
“Tal, wait.” Dolf snagged Tal’s arm, staring at the man standing near entrance. “Do you know who that is 
Kirk leaned over, peering between the seats. “Why is someone hanging around the door? The office is open, right, Tal?”
“Yes. At eight.”
Brier gently moved Kirk out of the way.
“What the hell?” Kirk mumbled, smacking Brier’s arm.
“I need to see, Alpha-mate,” Brier said.
An attractive young man with big gray eyes and brown hair stood in front of the business tucking in his shirt. His hands trailed over his chest. Brier gulped. A very toned chest. Instead of walking inside, he ran his fingers through his hair—a length that would be perfect for grabbing ahold of. Brier jumped. Where did that come from? Finally the stranger reached for the handle then dropped his hand. Brier watched as the man took a deep breath. Then another.
“See what?” Kirk complained. “A kid standing at Tal’s office door?”
“He’s not a kid. Early twenties, I’d guess, but he’s a young guy none of us recognize who’s milling around the place where both my Alpha and his other Alpha-mate work,” Brier pointed out. Dammed if he would mention how his body was reacting. “A guy who looks nervous, going by his body language. That makes me nervous.”