Friday, May 5, 2023

Thursday Book Recommendation (on a Friday lol)

These are books I’ve read and really enjoyed. Most of what I talk about will probably be paranormal/scifi but not always. Although it’s rare, I do read some contemporary. 


This week is:  Ghost (The DiFiore Mafia Family Book 1) by Joel Abernathy



Blurb: 

He's known by many names, but he expects me to call him Master.

As the future DiFiore don, I should know more than anyone that we're not the good guys, but when I catch an even more depraved man about to prey on an innocent woman, I lose sight of that just long enough to make the biggest mistake of my life.

The guy whose life I snuffed out happens to have been the district attorney's son.

I'm suspect number one, and I'm guilty as sin. It stands to reason the only one who can save me is the devil himself.

His code name is Echo, but they call him the Ghost, and he's the most notorious fixer in the business. The morally apathetic psychopath who's willing to cover up any crime, no matter how heinous, as long as you're willing to pay the price. Money is one thing, but one look in those gunmetal eyes and I'm pretty sure this guy wants more than that. He wants me, and I'm way too inclined to give it to him--body, mind, and soul.

I'm no stranger to the dark side, but he lives in places even the shadows are too afraid to touch. We're as wrong as two people can be for each other, but when he touches me, I feel it--the embers of the darkness he's awakened within me stirring. Calling.

What happens when the man who is contracted to fix everything is the man who's destined to break me?


Author's Note: This is an intense, high-heat, high-angst standalone MM Mafia Romance brimming with violence and mayhem. Lorenzo and Echo are corrupt men, and their love story is not for the faint of heart--nor is the series itself, which gets progressively darker. This series revolves around a fictional crime family, and for the sake of storytelling, there are fictionalized aspects of their world. If you are looking for a completely realistic book about real-world mafia organizations, you should skip this one. If you're looking for a filthy hot, angst-filled enemies-to-lovers romance between two antihero criminals, this is the book for you.


Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09T99SHWJ