Sunday, May 20, 2012

Under contract!

Good morning all! I have wonderful news-Storm Moon Press took my short story Faded Love for their anthology Carved in Flesh. The projected release date is in September.

Here is what the Open Call said:

Scars are visceral reminders of a person's past, a sign of an event that can never fade. Whether it was gained in combat, a traumatic experience, or part of a ritual with a lover, scars are the ultimate labels. In Storm Moon Press' Carved in Flesh anthology, we're looking for short stories in which at least one character sports physical scars. These scars can be injury/trauma scars or decorative scars, but they must be noticeable: visible to the naked eye, and prominent enough to spark a conversation. Emotional scarring doesn't count. That's cheating.


The scars must also be the erotic focal point of the story. We want red-hot scenes between men, be it a contemporary sub's first scarification session or the survivor of an intergalactic war enjoying some scar-worship after his homecoming. Are your character's scars a mark of possession? Shame? A part of their life they would rather forget? An HEA or HFN ending is required. No leaving your scarred character battered and broken, please. Whatever they have been through, we want to see them have at

least a little respite with a partner who adores their scars.

* * * *

My story focuses on one of the top male models in the world who's in a car wreck, and from that-scarred. Can you imagine what that would do to someone who depends on his face to make a living?

I'm really happy with this one, it covers a lot of emotions.
Granted, it is a short shory, but I think it packs a lot of punch! Here is the pic that got the ball rolling for this story. I found that pic while searching and immediately knew I had just found my main character. Those eyes alone had my Muse shaking and going 'hell yeah!"




Faded Love will be released as its own ebook in a year after the September release date for the anthology.



Hope everyone is still checking out the blogs in the
Hope Against Homophobia. I've ran across several that made me cry, made me think and a few that made me giggle. Monday I'll post who won the contest here and email the winner! Have a good Sunday everyone!

~M